Monday, December 31, 2007

Sayonara 2007, Dozo 2008

It’s 31 December 2007! How time flies pass. Tomorrow is a whole new year! I just can’t believe it. Felt like it was just yesterday I graduated from UiTM in 2006. Now I’m already a lecturer for a year. I’m still reeling from the feeling of it all.


New year, new resolution, people say. But I’ve never been the resolution kind of person. I never really had an organized new year resolution like what other people had. I want to diet, I want to control my budget, I want to get married.. that sort of resolution. It’s like I don’t believe in all of that. For me, if it happens, it happens. I just tried to make sure that my future is not in total jeopardy and I’m not a nuisance to other people. That’s good enough for me.


There are many things that we have to say goodbye to as the year opens to a new one. All the happy and sad memories. As for me, 2007 has been quite a year. Many things had happened and some of it is life changing. This year, I started to become a full grown up. After finishing my studies, I got myself a job and I believe that is one of my life’s defining moment. It’s not easy being a grown up and have your own big responsibilities and I’ll always mark this year as the start of it all. Many obstacles had to be overcome for me to be where I am now. This year has been good to me to sum it up. I’ve learned a total lot over just one year. From somewhat still a young adult searching for her path in life, I think I’ve grown wiser. I had to thank people around me for helping me get over the year. I can never go through it just by myself. The fear of starting a whole new world seems so little because of these ‘angelic’ people.


The people who had started with me into the working world, Kak Na, Nidana, Shikin and Hanis were the key ones this year. I owed so much to every one of them. When I felt depressed at work they were always there to help. No amount of thanks would be enough for them. Next year, I will lose the company of Shikin and Nidana. Kak Na was the earliest one to go from here but then she’s always around so it never felt like she really is gone. On the other hand, I will miss Shikin and Dana. They’re all going to KL which is far away! Machang will never be the same again. Shikin is like the ‘sunshine’ of my work place (can’t believe I’m writing this down!). Imagine not having sunshine?? Dana is like my ‘adult confidante’ where I can to talk to her and got the wise response of an.. well.. adult! I’ll definitely miss them both. Just wishing that they’ll be successful in everything they do. There are many other people who helped me go through it all. Haji, Kak Zee, Wei Ying Wennie, Lena.. those are few names. Couldn’t thank them enough.




My family has also been most important to me this year. They played all the major roles in shaping me up. My parents have always been there. They put up with everything I am and never showed any sign that they will stop. My siblings were always supportive since day one. I’m sorry for always stealing the attention of my parents from them this year.

Allah has given me blessings that I don’t think I deserved. Allah has been merciful for this particular servant of his. This year has seen me being showered with never ending happiness and joy. I pray to Allah that the new year will bring equal joy if not more.

Very well then. The sum of my 2007. I wish I could write more but I don’t want to sound braggier than I do now. Welcome to the new year. I wish everybody would have a happy and prosperous new year. Amin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ain....many thx...
ain....many words i wanna say,but i just cant....
ain....u'l b just fine.

luv u

SESEORANG said...

hai ain ku sayang...hihihi..windula ain...bile nak jumpe balik nih..bertaun2 dah x jumpe ni.last mase taun 1 kot.ko ok ke skrg.aku tgh tunggang terbalik utk repair future aku nih...hope u r doing fine..

Anonymous said...

ish..kepohnye aku nk tau..
siapa seseorg nih.
ehe..
kepoh2!

Anonymous said...

oh btw,
u just hv to goddamnit admit it dat i'm ur sunshine
lalalala!
hohehoheheoh!
thanks ain 4 dat luvly insight of urs
uhuk2
(btoi ka aku guna pkataan insight tu weh?)