Sunday, December 30, 2007

Four Weddings and One Emotional Breakdown



It’s the school holiday and kenduris are taking over the whole nation! This is the season where you’ll be bombarded with wedding cards and invitatons be it via snail mail, SMS or even a public announcement through Friendster, Myspace etc.. It’s the technology being used to it’s full potential.. huhu.. I myself have been invited to many weddings this season. It’s quite new to me actually. Before this, I only see my parents getting all those prettynlooking and sweet smelling cards. Now, it’s my turn! It seems that everybody is getting married already! Altogether, there were four major wedding I’ve been to this school holidays. All of them are my collegues wedding.




First, there was the Nidana-Farihan wedding. Now, Nidana is not only a collegue but she’s one of my close friends. I’ve been anticipating her wedding since beginning of the year! This wedding was a really sweet affair. I’ve known Nidana for years as her classmates during degree and gradually have also to some extent known Farihan. They made a really sweet couple. Like the Malay saying ‘sama cantik sama padan’. The wedding day was simple and sweet. None of the traditional draggy-over-the-top wedding can be seen there, much to my relief! We all went there wearing pink so as to show our support as friends of the bride. It was very nice indeed. The pictures was all very gorgeous. Both the bride and groom really looked stunning that day! To Nidana and Farihan: I wish you all the best for your future! You guys are really lucky to find each other! May you get all the little ones soon enough! Dana, I’m soo going to miss you! =)




Secondly, there was the Omar-Fatiha wedding. Well, as for this couple, both of them are my collegues! I’ve known Omar first. A man of a few words actually. He’s one of the closest male collegue here in Machang. Fatiha on the other hand have been here only a few months before but I found her stunningly beautiful and sweet. Apparently their love affair started earlier before I got to know any one of them. They’re one of the sweetest and nicest couple I’ve ever got to know. The wedding day was very cheerful. I’m so happy for the both of them. The food was also superb!




Then, there was the Siti Aswani-Arif wedding. Siti is a collegue of mine. Not to mention one of my friend, Aizuddin’s sister. I only knew this quite not so long ago. I didn’t really know the groom but I think he’s a very nice person. The wedding was very grand and big. There was so many people and big names who attended the wedding. The ‘pelamin’ was very pretty. The tents and tables to! I managed to meet up Aizuddin after years! Siti and her husband are a perfect match!




Lastly, there was the Azra-Kiey wedding. The most recent wedding I attended. It was very nice! Azra is an ex-collegue. She’s now working as a teacher in Langkawi. It’s been long since I’ve hung-out with Azra. The wedding however was a chance for me to catch up with her a little. She looked very beautiful in her purple wedding dress. I didn’t get to see the husband closely but from afar they’re totally compatible! Wish I could’ve hung out at the wedding more but had to get back. Anyways, absolutely adore the wedding!




Now, coming to te emotional breakdown part. Haha.. a bit over dramatic actually. Nothing much. Just the depression I start to feel each time talking to my mother bout the weddings, she’s been asking me about my future state of wedding readiness! Arghhh! The inevitable part which I dreaded the most. I wish it can be easy for me like it’s been for everybody else. But what to do. Sigh. =p




Well, for the newlyweds, I wish only the best for all of you. Selamat Melangkah ke Alam Baru! It’s a really big step to take so be wise and calm for every decision. Hopeful that I’ll be seeing the minis soon enough! (which no doubt will take me to another emo breakdown! Haha)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eleh!lek ar ain
kita kawin sama2 la nti
kalo kawin skrg nti olain will steal our thunder
xpe2
kita rilek dulu
hehe

byni said...

let's not get too emotional here ok babe.firstly i really enjoy reading other's blog esp urs.u noe why?cuz i feel like creatin my very own blog.but come to think of it,i dun really hev sumtin rather interesting to share wit ppl.n i dun really hev time to gradually update my blog later.one mo thing,it's been a while since i last wrote sumtin in english.pity me rite?wit less practise these days,i'm afraid dat i'll lose touch wit my fav language.haha.i kinda miss the old job,the simple less stressful yet enjoyable moment of teaching.wait,i'm suppose to give u comment bout ur frens are all gettin married.for me my dearest fren,lets juz live our life peacefully without thinking much bout mak & bpk mertua, ipar duai n all the smallest little tiny things that u gonna bear if u are married wit a creature which normally referred as GUY..:P