Sunday, February 10, 2008

F.O.O.D

Food is a very dear word to me. I love food. Some people say we must eat to live. I think I am more to the side where I live to eat. Food is my passion. I absolutely adore delicious savory food. I am willing to allocate a big amount of salary for food. Or did I do that unconsciously? (;p) My love for food started since I was a child, I think. Growing up in a family that runs restaurants, I developed to be someone that appreciates food and actually knows the difference between delicious food and just-okay food.
I guess years of comparing commercialized food with my mother’s cooking did make some difference to my taste palate. Personally, I think food prepared with love is tastier than food for profit. I’m thankful because my mother is a housewife, thus allowing her to prepare our food herself. With the care she puts into preparing our food, we can be assured that we only have the best. After all, we are what we eat, right?
There are many types of food. We can divide it into all kinds of variety. We have western food, eastern food, healthy food, staple food.. etc. I love all kinds of food. As long as it tastes good, I’m going to eat it! (halal ones of course)
However, I do have my preferences. My favourite Malaysian food would be all types of fried rice (kampung, cina, kerabu.. you name it!) Fried rice is the best because it is simple, easy to prepare and tastes great. I order it all the times when I go out to eat. I also love roti canai! My favourite Western food is spaghetti. Basically, I think this is the only western food that can make me feel full (=D) I do like fish and chips and of course adore KFC and McDonald’s (blame them on my extra weight!) My all time favourite desert is ice-cream. Such a genius creation! I love chocolate to. My favourite drink would be all those delicious fruit juice. I’m also a coffee person. The more caffeine, the better!
Well, I can go on and on about food. Again, I stress that food is my passion. Food is essential for all living things. It’s our survival. I hate people who scrimp on food. Food is God given blessing to us. We should enjoy it. The truth is.. I’m trying to alleviate my stress after stepping off the weighing scale!
“Food had power. It could inspire, astonish, shock, excite, delight and impress..” -Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fuh!mcm baca buku anthony bourdain punye rival la

cik puan tya said...

i love foo too..esp d puding yg i bwat tuh..hahahah

Anonymous said...

hehe....go ain go!!!

Fash said...

we love food! but i actually have a seriously love-hate relationship with food. i like 2 eat but ihate it when i have all these extras around my belly..hmmm..

Anonymous said...

watfuckineverla hannef
tuih!